Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oh, winter...

I'm sitting here listening to the wind howl outside.  *sigh* It is supposed to get warmer by the end of the week, so fingers crossed that actually happens!

To follow up on my big plan, I am going to come up with a smaller plan to work with Spencer 4-5 times per week to get us ready to start some real work. I don't want him at zero when we get down there. I had hoped to start tonight, but with 25mph+ wind gusts and snow squalls, I caved like a house of cards! lol  Spencer didn't mind, I'm sure...he was a little wild eyed and jumpy tonight.

So, I'll start my plan within a plan this weekend, when it is forecast to be a balmy 2C.

In the meantime, I'm just going to post some funny pictures of Spencer in the snow!  I took his blanket off last weekend to give him a break. He proceeded to run around in his paddock and then rolled a few times.



I love this one - he was rubbing his head in the snow!

Snorting at something in the distance...

6 comments:

Kate said...

Cute pictures - love the snow face! Hope you get some decent weather so you can do some horse work.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! These photos are great. He was clearly enjoying himself.

You should enter that snowy face photo in a contest. You could caption it, "Well, mud masks are supposed to be good for the complexion. Why not snow masks, too?" lol!

~Lisa

Paint Girl said...

Super cool snow pictures!! I love how he rubbed his face in it! Silly boy.

Once Upon an Equine said...

That's one happy snow pony! Great pics.

RuckusButt said...

He is so cute! And wow, Mr.Fancy mover!

achieve1dream said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving that sweet comment about Faran!

Your horse is absolutely adorable!! I love the snow pictures. :D What breed is he? Does he have a page telling his stats and history?

I'll dig back through your archives a little bit later too. :D