Friday, October 17, 2008

Rusty's big day...

So, Rusty is safe and sound at his new farm. I left with him out in a large paddock with a new friend (that didn't kick or bite him!) and a big round bale of hay. He seemed quite content.

We followed the trailer over to the new place. The scenery was great. Arrival at the new place...
Rusty is probably wondering why people are standing around taking pictures and talking while he is STUCK in this tin can on wheels...! He was a great boy and walked right on the trailer without even a whisker of hesitation. (Phew!)
Backing out. There were three horses in a paddock to our immediate right and they were going nuts - running around and bucking. Rusty didn't seem to notice or care. Good boy Rusty!
A shot of the hooligans...

I had a very productive day today. I was at four different barns from 2-7pm today. I meet someone to deliver some tack they bought, then went to my old barn to get Rusty. We then went to the new barn. While the new barn owner was busy, I ran over to the fourth barn to sell yet more tack. I feel good about moving a bit of tack out of the house, I had stuff kicking around that I would probably never use. That is $250 in the ol' piggy bank! (Nuzzling Muzzles - no saddles for sale - sorry! I just had a western show bridle, and some english stuff).

Turns out my new barn owner wants to get started on my lessons right away. I'm on the books for next Weds. or Thurs., so hopefully I'll be able to write about that.
I'm off to relax on the couch with some chips and a cold drink. Have a great weekend everyone!


7 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Rusty looks great! He's really filled out well, just in time for winter and his new place.

He's quite and awesome trailerer, too. You've got yourself one special horse, Laura :)

What a bunch of silly hooligan horses. lol!
You took an awesome shot, too.

~Lisa

cdncowgirl said...

Looking at Rusty now its hard to believe he wasn't feeling well and had lost weight just a short time ago. He's looking sooo good now!

Unknown said...

Rusty is such a good boy! I am so glad you found him. The more I read the more glad i am. I literally don't worry about you at all because as far away as I am I have found a trust in Rusty through reading your blog. I have read about your rides and interactions and have judged him to be a trust worthy equine friend.

He may check to see if you are paying attention every now and then but I believe you are truly safe with him.

Good luck with the new barn, I want to hear all about your first lesson!

Mrs. Mom said...

YAY Rusty!! He looks great now Laura! Sounds like life at the new place is going to perk right up for you two, and get you back into riding ASAP! Cant wait to hear how things go!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That sounds like a good arrangement. I figured that even if you had a saddle you would want to sell it locally and not ship internationally. I just like looking a pictures of saddles. My equitation instructor never brought that used saddle to me to try on Lostine, because he had a miscommunication with the seller. He assumed it was a working saddle, but it turned out to be a show saddle for $1.700!

20 meter circle of life said...

Cant wait to hear about the lessons

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I'm in agreement with Stephanie. Rusty is just a pretty good old pony!!
I hope you two enjoy your new barn and the benefits it looks like it is going to have for both of you!!:)